Monday 11 March 2013

Naughty Benji!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I candled the eggs for the first time after 10 days. It showed out of the 12 eggs that we have one completely clear, 2 quitters but fantastically 8 fertile eggs. Hopefully they will get past the 14 day period and hopefully hatch. (Chick pictures to follow, I hope fingers crossed !!!)

However this week I also went to my first endurance ride on Benji he had a good calm starting heart rate of 38, however as soon as I got going he felt a bit wizzy but settled down, before he started bucking a few times as I was cantering up a hill. So I sat those and rode on until he started to buck again. I sat the first few but unfortunately once I had lost my stirrups I fell off. He was obviously bucking to throw me off. So he decided to canter off, but and mum finally caught the little devil, led the horses back and retired, this was the third time in a row this has happened so we have decided to try and loan him out and get another haflinger like my mum's horse shanti.

No comments:

Post a Comment